Wednesday, February 21, 2007

watching and learning

Sometimes Makaila likes to be too much help with Cole. Like when you are trying to figure out if he is done eating or just looking around the room and you are trying to ask him, "Cole! Cole, all done or more?" (with sign language of course) and there is another little person standing a foot away spouting, "Cole! Cole! All done?" The poor kid doesn't know which way to turn.

Today was a little better than that. Our dinner was cooking and I was feeding Cole his solids while we waited for Chad to come home. Makaila pulls up a chair and was sitting there (no concept of personal space) resting her head on Cole's tray and trying to use the corners of it for her carrots she's munching. I tried suggesting more interesting things than sitting there watching me feed Cole every bite, but she didn't go for it. At one point I straight out asked her if she could go do something else and not sit right there. She got all sad (very, very sad look on her face) and said, "But Mommy, when I have a baby someday I need to know what to do. I don't know what to do so I need to watch you to learn." What can you say to that. I'll tell you, nothing.

She also asked me today why can't we bring anything with us up to heaven. She just got a new teddy bear from Grammy and Grandpa T yesterday and she told me she wants to have it a long time so she might want to have it in heaven.

No comments: