Saturday, August 18, 2007

slacker mama


So I'm such a slacker blogging mama this summer. I have plenty of excuses if you care to hear about them. Oh, of course you do, you're reading my blog. I traveled by plane 4 times for a total of 6 states in 2 months (while my dad hit like 7 countries, but he can get his own blog). I had grandparents and cousins/aunt visit. We had no internet for 2 weeks (an eternity as you know) and my camera was on fritz and not letting me download (or upload, I forget) my pictures. So all that to say. . . Watch out! I'm back. Hopefully. Of course my husband is starting school in a week and he is a big computer hog during school, but that's just part of taking classes in 2007 (glad I'm not a student anymore). Well, enough of these parentheses.
I'm involved in a mom organization this year. Not just involved, but on the stinking board. This isn't any small organization, over 300 moms. And I didn't pick any small position. I'm not the pres or anything like that, but I am on activities. Activities II committee to be exact. Yes, there are actually 3 different kids' activities committees believe it or not. I'm feeling a little presure because I didn't completely realize how big this was. We plan the Halloween Carnival. Definitely one of the 3 biggest family events the PTA has all year. It is freaking EVENT PLANNING. I got stressed out just doing my daughter's 4-year old birthday party and that was in our backyard!! So, as fall is around the corner, so is the Halloween carnival. It may not frightening to the average person, but I have already seen 2 Halloween costumes reminding me that I probably should be renting the bounce house as I type. But enough about stressing me out, let's move on.

2 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

That's awesome.

Unknown said...

you forgot to mention that your husband is a computer hog during fantasy football as well... no more blogging for you until february.