Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last three weeks

We are in the last 3 weeks of Kindergarten. Home stretch. End of the year math tests. Last library check out. Push to make 50 book reports to get the big prize. And as the mom of a child ending kindergarden how do I feel? Mixed feelings actually. Hard to believe my eldest is 6 and will be in 1st grade (for some unknown reason, 1st grade is much bigger than kinder. They are more seasoned.). Sad to see the newness of Kindergarden and elementry fade. Sad she won't be getting her fill with social interaction at school. Sad I will have to be a good planner of activies to avoid the kids driving me crazy with bordem. Sad I will lose my alone time in my house while Cole naps 4-5 days/week!

But, happy I won't have to pack a lunch at night for the next 3 months. Happy we won't have to be in the car at 7:50 every morning. Happy I won't have to make sure Cole is down for nap by 12:30 so I can make sure he's up for 3:00 pick up. Happy Makaila will wear some clothes that aren't navy, red or white. Happy the kids will get to play together more freely. Happy for play dates. Happy for swimming and spray parks and ice cream. Happy for summer.

No comments: