Normally we go to a children's only library and I can just let Cole roam wherever he wants. I can read Makaila books because there's not anywhere he can go where I can't see him. Our children's library is closed this month so we're back at the public library. Our public library is fine and well-used, but it isn't easy to manage Cole at his age while trying to help Makaila get the books and videos she wants.
Today it was raining so I decided that was a way to get out of the house. Cole of course poops on the short drive over there and I hadn't brought the diaper bag. Inside, Cole just wanted to pull things off the shelves or run away from me. I'm reading Makaila the one book I said I would and Cole falls off the bean bag and bumps his head. His crying is just echoing all over the quiet library. I give him the keys to entertain him and that worked for a while. But when time came to check out the books I needed the keys from Cole because that's where the library card is. He did NOT want to give them up. As I struggle them out of his hands he falls onto the floor and bumps his mouth on the cement. He is in definite pain and crying hysterically. He is bleeding and there is bloody slobber everywhere. He has a little bit of a cold and snot is really flowing now. His loud cry is again heard throughout the once quiet library and I'm quickly trying to check out books without getting his snot and bloody drool all over me (of course he still has that dirty diaper on. . .). Let's just say it wasn't our best library outing.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment