Sunday, January 18, 2009
Big boy bed. . .almost
Part of what got me on the organizing spell is the big changes in Cole's room. It's time to move on to a big boy bed. He's already shown us once he can climb out of his crib. He's woken up in the middle of the night crying to go to the bathroom. It's time. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a little sad about this whole big boy bed thing. Now don't get me wrong, I am happy to use the great quilt I bought on clearance. I know he will love the cars and construction trucks on the new sheets. I know he will love having a big bed like his sister and especially that we can all come sit on his bed to pray for a change. But, this is one of the last big steps from baby to toddler. He, most likely, is my last baby. Moving from the crib to the bed is kind of a good bye to that. Someone once told me as a parent you recognize all the first, but what often slips by unnoticed is the lasts. Last diaper to change. Last time you feed them babyfood. Last time you lifting them up into their car seat. Last time you tied their shoe. I know, I'm not usually a sap about these kind of things, but I moved past the infant car seat and breast feeding without problems. I was trilled to end the baby food for table food. I didn't postpone his first haircut or remorse the highchair leaving. We potty trained when he was all ready. And now the crib will be gone. So, when Chad didn't want to go to the bed store this week so he could watch football, I didn't fight it. Let's keep him in the crib another week. He can still feel like my baby for another week. Maybe I'll be ready by then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We'd be more than happy to give you a diaper fix here anytime. There's enough to go around at your twin nieces house!!!
Post a Comment