Friday, January 16, 2009

IKEA

We just went to IKEA today. Cole was taking about it before we went. I couldn't figure out if he was saying, "good idea" or "right here". It turned out it was "go Ikea". I like taking the kids to Ikea AND it stresses me out too. I get stressed out about how they want to sit on everything, lay on every bed and try to turn on every fake TV, computer, DVD player, lamp, etc. I know this is a store that it is okay for them to do these things, but it just takes us a LONG time to get through the store and I don't want to waste their shopping energy before we even get a cart! Plus I still am afraid they will break something. I tried to check them in the kids' club place and Cole wasn't tall enough. So annoying. He just ALMOST reached the green line with shoes (it's supposed to be without). The lady could have looked the other way and let him in, but she wouldn't budge. So I had to deal with my two kids armed with pencils going around writing on all the cardboard. If you haven't noticed, there's A LOT of cardboard at Ikea.

I got the shelving stuff I want for Cole's room. Makaila's toy organization will have to wait for another day. We still have to get a bed for Cole and hopefully we can get that this weekend.. We'll probably go buy him a mattress set this weekend and just get the cheap bed frame. I did find one bed I liked for him, but we're not sure it is necessary right now. I've already sent Chad up to the attic with a bunch of trips for baby toys and I've got another bag of toys to go up and a larger bag to go to donate or trash. January gets me motivated for organization. I've even told the kids we're taking a break from happy meals for a while just so I don't have to deal with the junky toys! Just call me organization mama! Hope Chad comes home with energy to put together our new shelving unit!

No comments: