Friday, March 06, 2009

Lesson Learned

Do not let a 2-yr old drink 16 ounces of lemonade in 45min. Yesterday it was a really nice day. I made the kids lemonade to drink after school. Cole just chugged the first 10 ounces down. So I gave him a little more. And that too was gone before Makaila finished hers. Apparently a 2-yr old's bladder can't hold that much liquid so quickly. We proceeded to change pants and underware 5 or 6 times in the next 2 hours. Twice he just peed on the kitchen floor. At least once he successfully made it to the bathroom. All the other times we were either heading to the bathroom or in the act of pulling pants down when he just couldn't wait. Again and Again. We were down to his last clean pair of underware. Really, he is potty trained. He really well, only has an accident every now and again. He can make it through a nap dry. But NOT after the lemonade. There was NO control what-so-ever.

I pledge, never to give a 2-yr old 16 ounces of lemonade again.

No comments: