Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Felix the Fish


We are currently fish-sitting. Excuse me, Makaila is a fish babysitter for some friends of ours. They are off enjoying cooler weather in the beautiful Colorado mountains while we get fighting about who gets to feed Felix. Makaila did have a good solution to how they could "take turns". Her solution was, "Makaila, Makaila, Cole. Makaila, Makaila, Cole." Then she said, "OR Cole, Makaila, Makaila. Cole, Makaila, Makaila." She's quite good at patterns, isn't she? Actually, there was only fighting the first few days. And when the third day came and Cole finally got a turn, he goes, "today I'm the fish babysitter." Makaila was quick to squash that idea. Now, after they both have had some turns, they just enjoy watching him eat his breakfast. And turning his light on and off all day. Well, I mean they keep turning it on and I keep turning it off.

No comments: