This is Day 3 of being homebound with my kids. Makaila does not have a fever anymore and is down to just the Tamaflu and cough medicine (which she doesn't like). I am so glad that tomorrow is Saturday because if I have to face another day alone, in the house, with the 2 kids, and with remodeling, I think I will hurt someone.
Okay, so the remodeling part isn't horrible, but it adds mess. As in dust everywhere and dirt on the floors from work boots coming in and out repeatedly. I understand it is part of the process, but since I'm home more hours constantly I have more time to see things that it is useless to clean. And I am constantly trying to keep my kids out of the worker guys' ("worker guy" is the official name in our house for any kind of constructor worker or actually manual laborer of any kind) way and telling them to shut their bedroom doors to keep the dust/dirt out of there.
So back to the kids. We're getting out things like playdough and toys they haven't played with in a while, we're doing puzzles, playing school (to get Makaila to do some real homework), having themed lunches, doing some baking, watching a DVD, playing video games, even going on a walk around the block, etc. . . but MAMA is the one who gets cabin fever easily. And being at home without an outside activity leads towards me expecting a lot from Makaila and being frustrated if I don't get it. Hmmm. . . I just really pray Cole doesn't come down with this next week. Tomorrow we get to go trick or treating, doctors says. Yeah!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bet the next $5 repair will be done quickly... Mom
Post a Comment