Cole continues to like to know "what we are doing tomorrow?" and "what are we doing after that?". He asked me those questions yesterday and I told him we were going to Makaila's school to help out and then we were going to the gym. He looked at me with complete seriousness and said, "When am I going to PLAY?" Although I try to have several things in our week that we are doing because HE likes doing them, it is so easy sometimes to get into my agenda. It is such a struggle for me to just PLAY sometimes. Especially when we are at home. There are too many distractions of things I could be getting done.
I went to pick him up at the kid's area of the gym after my workout and I got to see him in action. I love this because I'm not real big on too much TV and often at the gym Cole likes to plop himself down infront of the video the whole time (which I have no control over like I do at home). Cole is really starting to get into the Superhero thing. There was the Batman face painting the other day. But he also talks about Spiderman and Superman too. He's never watched any of these shows so this is just from what he sees in merchandise or hears from other kids. He was playing with these other boys and he was being a "bad guy". He was in his I'm-fighting-you-from-far-away stance talking to these boys up on top of the climbing/slide structure. He was making his bad guy noises and then he did his best fire-is-coming-out-of-my-mouth sound. I love when you get to watch your kids play and they don't know you are watching. He also brought me a piece of paper to write Santa a letter so he could get some Superman clothes for Christmas today. Love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment