As of today, we still are not sure what school Makaila will attend in the fall. We've put in a transfer request for a school close to us that we just bearly fall out of the boundary line. We also have gotten in to a magnet school that we're hearing really good things about. I like both schools and am struggling with where Makaila should go. I'm trying to leave it alone and go with if we get the transfer, that is our answer from God, and if we don't I won't appeal or anything so we'll go to the magnet school. But it is hard to wait patiently.
Today we went to a story time at one of the 2 school (followed by one at the other school next Friday). It was really cute, they did an art project, did motions for a song, met many teachers and had a mini-PE session in the gym. There was even an aquaintance of ours there so she had someone to sit by. It all went really well. . . except for the PE. All the kids lined up in the gym and the teacher called out for the girls to run to the center of the gym. Well, Makaila's friend is a boy and she didn't like having to do this without him and with all the parents and teachers watching. A teacher helped her walk to the center, but she wasn't happy. After that she came back over to where Cole and I were and would NOT participate in the rest of the running or the fun parachute activity. She is going to be very shy in the beginning of school. I pray she finds a friend in her class the first week of school so she can fell comfortable as quickly as she did for pre-K.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment