Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spills, part2

So I was thinking that Makaila spilled her milk because I typically give her a cup with a lid of some sort and if she never uses an open cup, she'll never learn to be more careful. So yesterday breakfast I gave her an open cup. . . huge spill all over the kitchen floor. Had to get out the mop and everything. Tonight at dinner, I gave her an open cup. I even went so far to warn her, "Makaila, this cup doesn't have a lid." First 5 minutes of dinner she spills her milk. Chad can tell by the expression on my face that I'm not too excited about this, but I am trying to hold my tongue. What he doesn't know is that BOTH the kids helped me make dinner, and I've already cleaned up flour and cheese all over the floor from that. So, my husband being thoughtful gets towels to clean up the spill. But the worst part is that HE knocks over the cup and the remaining milk TWO (not 1, but 2) times while trying to sop up the mess. I'm sitting there trying to decide if I should laugh or cry. Somehow in God making sure I'm kept humble, before the dinner is over I spill my water all over the other end of the table cloth. While I'm getting myself a new glass of water, Makaila realizes that she hasn't had anything to drink the entire meal and asks for more milk. On the first drink of her milk, she tips the cup back forcefully (as if it is a sippy cup) and dumps her glass of milk all over herself. All this in one dinner. (and Cole did well, only dropping peas on the floor) So next time you come to the Swank's house you may want to wear a rain slicker because you never know what will be splashing your way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so funny, I remember those days, however at 8 and 10 it doesn't get better, yesterday I kept walking on something sticky, I asked the boys who spilled something, no one fessed up. I discovered that it was sticky suryup from breakfast pancakes. So of course that required a mop. so would love to tell you the spills stop, they don't. love ya girl... praying for these fun memories your making. love julia