
Cole is 5 1/2 months old. He now has 2 teeth. We were surprised that he got them so early in comparison to Makaila. She had been really sick for a good week. The next week he started having a runny nose and being a little fussy, so we assumed he had caught some of her cold. But then one bottom tooth broke through and a few days later the other bottom tooth followed.
We've added solids into his diet. He started with rice cereal and then Oatmeal. Now he's on his forth veggie. He really likes sweet potatoes. He eats the most in the evenings.
Cole is still nursing. I got worried for a while. I really felt like my milk was decreasing. It has been stressful with the evenings when I work and I just haven't been getting much when I pump. Cole was waking up really early or occassionally at night and I felt like it was because he was just hungry. I drank liquids like crazy for several days and I think it has improved. I'm glad because I was really down about maybe having to give it up. I just am not ready to yet. I was proud of being able to nurse Makaila until almost a year so she could just go straight to cow's milk and I was kind of hoping to do the same with Cole.
Although one night it was kind of nice with Cole woke up in the middle of the night. See, he is not one who likes to be rocked much. When he wakes up in the middle of the night I either need to feed him or let him cry it out. It was like 12:30 a.m. when he woke up and I fed him. Afterwards he was on my shoulder either sleeping or just lying there peacefully. Usually he wants to look all around and won't lie there, so it was really nice. I felt like it kind of made up for the getting up in the middle of the night.
He really likes his lovey. The small blanket with a teddy bear head is what he grabs when he's sleeping. Sometimes he looks for it when we put him to bed. He often is chewing on it when he's waiting for us to come get him in the morning. And sometimes he has it completely covering his face when he's asleep.
Now he can sit. He started prop sitting right after Christmas. Now I can leave him for a little bit to sit and play. Sometimes he can stay up for quite some time, easily 10 minutes. Other times he falls over before a minute is up. I just love this age. They are expressive. They love to see you when you come get them in the crib. They can sit and play. They giggle. They're still not too big to carry around. They will play with toys. They don't have that separation anxiety when you leave them in the nursery at church. And best of all. . . they aren't mobile!
We've added solids into his diet. He started with rice cereal and then Oatmeal. Now he's on his forth veggie. He really likes sweet potatoes. He eats the most in the evenings.
Cole is still nursing. I got worried for a while. I really felt like my milk was decreasing. It has been stressful with the evenings when I work and I just haven't been getting much when I pump. Cole was waking up really early or occassionally at night and I felt like it was because he was just hungry. I drank liquids like crazy for several days and I think it has improved. I'm glad because I was really down about maybe having to give it up. I just am not ready to yet. I was proud of being able to nurse Makaila until almost a year so she could just go straight to cow's milk and I was kind of hoping to do the same with Cole.
Although one night it was kind of nice with Cole woke up in the middle of the night. See, he is not one who likes to be rocked much. When he wakes up in the middle of the night I either need to feed him or let him cry it out. It was like 12:30 a.m. when he woke up and I fed him. Afterwards he was on my shoulder either sleeping or just lying there peacefully. Usually he wants to look all around and won't lie there, so it was really nice. I felt like it kind of made up for the getting up in the middle of the night.
He really likes his lovey. The small blanket with a teddy bear head is what he grabs when he's sleeping. Sometimes he looks for it when we put him to bed. He often is chewing on it when he's waiting for us to come get him in the morning. And sometimes he has it completely covering his face when he's asleep.
Now he can sit. He started prop sitting right after Christmas. Now I can leave him for a little bit to sit and play. Sometimes he can stay up for quite some time, easily 10 minutes. Other times he falls over before a minute is up. I just love this age. They are expressive. They love to see you when you come get them in the crib. They can sit and play. They giggle. They're still not too big to carry around. They will play with toys. They don't have that separation anxiety when you leave them in the nursery at church. And best of all. . . they aren't mobile!
No comments:
Post a Comment