Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cooking

I got our first watermellon of the season. Makaila remembered helping me last year by cutting some of the watermellon with her plastic knife. She sees me cutting this one and she quickly gets a knife and brings over a chair to help. So I give her some strips she can cut into pieces and she cuts away. Then she is eating a skinny carrot while waiting for me to get dinner ready and she starts cutting that too. All of the sudden she stops and says, "is cutting cooking?". I tell her "Cutting is an important part of cooking, so I guess yes, cutting is cooking." She goes, "then I'm cooking!" It was so cute. She was so excited. She told Chad she did cooking when he got home. She put all these tiny, cut up carrots into a tuperware and she brought them to the dinner table. She got a spoon and served Chad and I each a spoonful. She even told us she was going to keep them right by her in case we wanted some more.

No comments: