Monday, June 30, 2008

Normal

Life is back to normal now that all the visitors have left. We had the cousins, the grandparents and great grandma and then even Chad's cousin was here in town for a conference. Combine that with swimming lessons, VBS and a trip to San Antonio and you have our summer so far. So, life is back to normal. One day of "normal" and I was irritated my husband was 20 minutes late to get home. Of course I think I was more irritated at almost burning the bread beyond being edible because I took 5 minutes to play with the kids while cooking dinner and my daughter's relentless requests to come play when things were cooking. No wonder so many people invest good amounts of money on any kind of camp and/or activity to keep their kids busy. It's plain hard work.

So this week we're off to the gym, the local pool, the library, the free kids movie, and the backyard new plastic pool we bought today from Toys R Us (anything to try to keep cool). And the week will be capped off with the local 4th of July parade to which my daughter is counting down the days. She's vividly remembers the candy that was thrown last year and has told us she will teach Cole how to get the candy from the street when they throw it. I just remember how it was a waste I had showered before attending the parade and assume our TX will be about the same this year. But am looking foward to going to this small community parade with our kids because it just feels like the kind of thing you should be doing on the 4th of July.

No comments: