Thursday, September 18, 2008

Patience

I am currently being challenged to be more patient. Cole wants to climb up into the car by himself. He wants to buckle the top buckle on his car seat all by himself. These are things I need to let him do so we don't have crying as we leave the house.

I have to be patient to let Makaila pick up her backpack, lunch pack and folders she throws down on the floor when we come home. I feel if I do it, I will always be doing it. I have to be patient for her to tell me about her day when she is ready. She may have had a good day, but she is warn out and needs some time to relax at home first. But if I'm listening, I'll hear little bits and pieces throughout the afternoon and evening to give me a glimpse of her day at Kindergarten. I have to be patient as she is tying her shoes because that is a new skill for her and it needs perfecting.

No comments: