Friday, February 06, 2009

Freezing Rain

Last week we actually had a day of school cancelled due to freezing rain. The roads where horrible. It didn't get above freezing until the afternoon and even then there were slick spots all over the roads. Now, I am one of those people who really likes to leave the house every day. If we don't have anywhere we need to go then we'll head to a playground outside or at the mall or the pet store to look at the animals. Just somewhere to go in our morning. I hate days when my car is in the shop. So how did we survive the ice day? Quite well actually. We stayed in our PJ's a really long time. The kids had a lot of fun with flashlights while I vacuumed the entire house and couches.

I did my Tae Bo video and we made a fort (no Tae bo picture, sorry to disappoint)

We had a picnic lunch

And the kids went out side for a few minutes at a time to break ice sickles and play with the ice.



Overall it really was a nice day. Of course, wouldn't want two days of cancelled school in a row mind you!

No comments: