Saturday, November 11, 2006
Hitting 33. . .
I was surprised at how excited Makaila was about my birthday coming this year. They went to Costco a few days before and she happily brought me back flowers saying, "Happy Birthday!" She had been with Chad when they went shopping for my present. I am impressed that she was able to keep it a secret. After they went shopping she told me they were going to sneak in her room and wrap it so I wouldn't see. We reminded her it was a surprise whenever we thought she might want to tell me. She would go, "It's not about your birthday present. But it's in a bag." The night before she asked me if Daddy had to work or would be home. I told her work and she said, "but I can't reach your present, it is up high in Daddy's closet" I had to remind her a few times that Daddy would probably want to be home for opening. She remembered first thing in the morning and told me "Happy Birthday". We went on a walk with them in the jogger stroller and she asked me if she could tell a man on the street that it was my birthday. Then the second Chad got home she was pulling out presents from family and when we started she made sure to help me. Of course a certain Grandparent had stuck in a several things for the kids too and she asked me at one point if it was her birthday too. The hyperness continued with the chocolate cake Chad brought home. Makaila made sure we all ate a "good dinner" so we could have cake. And she was happy to hear that soon Cole will be 3 months, she is 3 years, and now I am 33. Swank Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment