Cole's verbal skills are improving, but one still has to have an idea what he is talking about to understand completely. He doesn't pronounce most of his consenents very well. So if I have no clue where he's coming from, it can be frustrating for both of us. The other day I got him up from a nap. He was asking me "where's the circle and the square?". Since his "circle" sounds like "hirhle" which is very close to purple, I was trying to figure out what purple chair he was talking about. And out of no where he was asking me for the book Arthur's Thanksgiving. But again, if you don't know what topic he's on "Arur's Ank-ining" can be a mistery.
He sings the whole alphabet, knows all the colors now and tries really hard to keep up with his sister when she sings the songs about her alpha friends from school. He is quite a singer. He's all over the classics. "Twinkle, twinkle", "Jesus Loves Me", "Wheels on the Bus", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Old MacDonald". And for that matter, every time we drive by McDonald's he says, "There's Old MacDonald". That does seem to be tricky for kids.
He also have started asking why. "Why eating quesadilla?", "Why time for breakfast?", "why wear jacket?", "Why going potty?". I should be glad that his brain is trying to figure things out. I should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment