I'm impressed we haven't made any trips to the ER with a few of the recent events. The other day we had great weather and I took the kids to the park. Makaila and Cole were really in to swinging on this particular day. Makaila is swinging quite high and she tells me, "Michael taught me how to jump off the swings". (I knew I never trusted that kid. Anyone who gets bit in the head by his own dog must be trouble) I tell her, "Oh. But you are probably too high to do it right now." Well, only about a minute later I see her flying out of her swing. Actually, it looks more like really bad swimming. . . in the air. She face plants onto the bark. The other moms look over in horror, thinking she just fell out of the swing. After I realize she isn't crying, just embarrassed because she didn't get close to landing it, I am trying really hard not to laugh. Especially as she says, "that wasn't it." She is covered in bark. Later we find the wounds of a hand scrap and a forehead scrape, but that's it.
Then Cole was inadvertently working on his physical comedy yesterday. I'm doing Makaila's hair in the bathroom and I hear him in my bedroom, "cool, I just did a somersault off the bed". Then I hear him repeat that again and again. But about the fourth attempt, there was a thud- pause- then cry. I am waiting for him to come to me. He comes into the bathroom after just bonking his head somehow and he runs into the mostly open door. Then, as if he were in a pin ball machine, he ricochets off the door and hits the open drawer of the sink vanity with his forehead (he hits his head often on door knobs and other things, but never that drawer), then bounces off the drawer and lands flat on his back on the floor. Oh poor guy. But seeing it happen was like watching one of the three stooges in action, except this wasn't planned. No scarps, no bruises, just needed to cry and get hugs for a few minutes.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment