


Makaila has really been wanting an American Girl Doll playdate with friends and bigger snacks for the girls and mini snacks for the dolls. This little playdate became more of a party as we planned. She non-stop was thinking about what snacks to have, what plates to use, should we do a craft, etc. She decided that her and Sarah should have their hair the same. She made a sign for both the door and inside the room. She would have continued making things for it, if I hadn't stopped her to help with the cleaning!
We invited 2 of her friends that go to school and church and also a younger sister who has a doll and conviently is also Cole's friend. Cole wanted to be part of things so we let him bring Mommy's old boy Cabbage Patch Doll who is a Cowboy. We had big and mini cupcakes, orange slices and Ritz crackers with peanut butter. The girls had drinks in tea cups with saucers in a picnic style on the floor.. After snacking, the girls beaded necklaces for their dolls and matching bracelets for themselves (we found good boy camleflauge beads for Cole in case you were worried). They also made an ice skate bookmark craft I found on the American Girl website (don't worry, HOCKEY skate for Cole).
I felt like I had planned a birthday party, but Makaila was thrilled about the whole thing and it pretty much went as planned. Don't think we'll rush to do this any time soon, but I was happy that it made Makaila so happy. And isn't that why we mother's do things like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment