Sunday, December 17, 2006

Center of attention

Makaila is having a little difficulty adjusting to not being the center of attention. She isn't acting out to get attention, but she sure comes over to be a main part of ANYTHING we are doing. The most obvious is when we have play with or have "conversations" with Cole. She comes right over and brings Cole another toy. She tries to imitate us and say "mama, dada, baba" sounds to Cole. She gets right in his face hoping he will grab on to her hair and she can say he is playing with it. She wants to get the diaper out when it is time for a change. She wants to carry the bath supplies and be an integral part of bathing Cole (whether I want her to be or not). If Cole does his tummy time, she gets her dolly Tara and she does her tummy time. I play a game with Cole where I make his legs run, jump, hop, bike, swim, etc and she HATES to miss it (she runs around the room doing the things I say). If we take Cole's picture, she wants hers taken too. She wants to be a part of everything we do. I understand Cole gets a lot of attention right now because he is cute and making new noises and becoming more playful and expressive, but I wonder how long she will fight to be in the middle of everything. Swank Kids

No comments: