
I am just loving the stage my son is at right now. Many things feel easier with him (after having Makaila experience) and I just feel more relaxed. Plus I don't really plan (if God agrees)on having more kids so a part of me is making sure to enjoy this baby stage. I just love seeing him smile and trying to make him smile and giggle more. He has the cutest expressions. He has the biggest eyes. He will smile really big and blink his eyes at you and I swear he is saying "I love you" back. He will do a one eyebrow up (like his daddy) or two eyebrows up and it just makes me laugh.
He just so wants to sit up. He does his cruches thoughout the day trying to lift his head up if you try to make him recline. He much prefers being held in sitting so he can see. And when I first take him into the back yard he looks back and forth very quickly as if he is trying to get the new scenery all in at once.
He likes to chew on his hand or fingers and I'm not so sure he will be a thumb sucker after all. His eyes are turning brown, just like the rest of the family. And now he doesn't want to be held when he is ready to sleep. When it is nap time, he will start to cry and the quickest end to it is to put him in his bed. I am worried how this will play out as we fly to AZ on New Year's eve. (plus I won't have Chad with me so getting through security alone will be a challenge) I may warn the passengers around me that they may get an earful when his naptime comes. He still naps in his carrier quite well when we are out doing errands or out with Makaila, so that is still nice.
He is a big stinker about taking a bottle. He won't just take one because it is time to eat. He has to be really hungry. I I am gone just time amount of time for one feeding, he will just completely skip it. The bottle giver will try 30min-1hr and he will just cry these big fat tears and give you a look that says "that is NOT what I want". If am gone long enough for a second feeding then he will take a bottle, even though he doesn't like it. Yesterday I made him do 2 bottles in a row even though I didn't go anywhere. Nothing the first time and 4 ounces the second. We are now giving him bottle (or 2 if he doesn't take the first one) every other day so he will hopefully get to know that this is a part of life. I want him to be able to take a bottle when I work or if we were to go out on a date. And it is a bigger deal right now since he doesn't yet eat solids. Swank Kids
No comments:
Post a Comment