Monday, February 01, 2010

Shopping

We're in the middle of working on budget and finances with our Foundation Group. So yesterday Chad was balancing the checkbook. He gives me an amount that I need to stick to in the week's grocery shopping. Not an absurd amount. . . but $20-25 less than what I usually spend. Turned out this was a good week to do it, we had a good supply of meat from Costco, some cheese and our cereal could survive another week. So I looked at things that could be postponed and things that were not necessary on the list. As Cole and I shopped I roughly tallied the amount in my head. I was worried I wouldn't succeed when I had already spent $30 just leaving the produce section. At the checkout I separated the "for sures" and the "if we cans". I was able to get all but 3 things I had grabbed. So silly, but I felt incredibly accomplished. Felt like I'd achieved a little success for the team.

No comments: